Minneapolis is a great city. With tons of things to do, a well-established culture and an incredible amount of natural beauty, Minneapolis is a terrific place to explore. This is as true for locals as it is tourists. Below, we will take a look at the five most fun things to do in Minneapolis. All of the things listed below can be enjoyed by singles, couples and families.
1. Visit the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden: Be inspired by the brilliance of local artists as you walk through one of Minnesotas most visited and iconic gardens. The Spoonbridge and Cherry sculpture is amongst the most memorable pieces in the garden.
The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden is a free outdoors museum. Visitors make their way through the garden via the walkways and are able to view public art pieces. The Sculpture Garden is a wonderful and fun outing for those visiting Minneapolis. It is also a great place for locals to come and spend the day. Admission is free.
2. Enjoy The Offerings of Minnehaha Park: Minnehaha Park is another one of Minneapolis outdoor treasures. Situated on the Mississippi River, this popular park attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. Made up of nearly 200 acres of land, the park contains a gorgeous, 53-foot waterfall and bluffs.
The park, however, possess more than just great beauty. During the summer, there are tons of things to do. Renting bikes, having a picnic, playing disc golf, attending a concert or even eating dinner at the Sea Salt Eatery, are all possibilities.
3. Take A Helicopter Tour: One of the best ways to view the city of Minneapolis is via helicopter. Individuals interested in exploring the city will find that they have their choice of several tours, including a Twin City Tour which covers both Minneapolis and St. Paul. A Lake Minnetonka tour is another option. Lake Minnetonka is one the largest lakes in all of Minnesota and is quite beautiful from the air.
4. Cheer on The Minnesota Twins or Vikings: For sports fans, taking in a game and cheering on the local sports teams can be a lot of fun. Minnesota has professional baseball, basketball and football teams.
5. Visit Some of the Most Iconic Bars: Minneapolis has a nice night life. For those interested in engaging in a little barhopping while in the city, there are two bars that should not be missed. They are the Nyes Polonaise Room and The Ice Chamber. The former is a long standing Minneapolis institution and was named the Best Bar in America by Esquire magazine. The latter, The Ice Chamber, is a cool outdoor, ice bar. Individuals can buy drinks and then sip them by a warm, gas fire pit. The Ice Chamber is located at the Chambers Hotel in Downtown Minneapolis.
Individuals looking for fun things to do while in Minneapolis may want to consider the following, visiting the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, spending time in Minnehaha Park or attending a baseball or football game. Having a drink at The Ice Chamber or Nyes Polonaise Room can be a lot of fun as well.
Brent is a subscriber to the Le Bourget Blog. Le Bourget has done a great job highlighting timely Minneapolis-St. Paul Events [http://blog.lebourgethotel.com/entertaining/5-off-beat-or-off-the-beaten-path-destinations-you-won%E2%80%99t-want-to-miss-in-minnesota/]. From Theater to off-beat Minneapolis events, there is a suggestion sure to fit anyone visiting the area.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Brent_Rangen/337615
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5555569